Welcome to Episode 4 of HubShots!
Recorded: Wednesday 28 October 2015
In this episode we cover:
Shot 1: Inbound Thought of the Week
- Sales enablement
Craig visited the Sydney HubSpot office
High calibre team, hiring takes time
Top Grading (useful book on hiring): - http://www.amazon.com/Topgrading-3rd-Promoting-Turbocharges-Performance-ebook/dp/B0074VTH02/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=
Shot 2: HubSpot Quirk of the Week
- Email address logins seem to be case sensitive
Action item: if a user is having issues, check the case of their email addresses
Shot 3: Data Cleansing
- Data cleansing - when should you clean out old contacts?
Action item: consider cleaning up your contact list, or perhaps running a ‘reconnect with cold contact’ workflow to re-engage
Shot 4: HubSpot Product Feature of the Week
- the HubSpot Ads add-on now supports AUD
- New: Captcha on forms: http://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/forms/can-my-hubspot-form-use-captcha
Shot 5: HubSpot Tip of the Week
- Forms sometimes don’t render in the correct place
Using a named div to place it: http://xen.com.au/hubspot-forms-rendering-issue-in-elcomcms/
Shot 6: Challenge of the week follow up / Tip of the week
- Using Facebook CWA to test whether FB might be an option (a follow up to my challenge of the week from episode 2)
Action item: Tip for marketing managers who are interested in knowing whether FB might be a good option
Shot 7: Opinion of the week?
- Social spamming: https://twitter.com/HubSpot/status/656264825035759616 (note also they've tweeted this many times before)
Agree or disagree?
Action item: if you haven’t yet started on social, don’t wait for the perfect strategy, make a start, aim for incremental improvement
Action item: 20 minutes a day checklist: http://blog.hubspot.com/customers/social-media-daily-checklist
Shot 8: State Of Inbound report
- State of Inbound report nuggets: http://www.stateofinbound.com/
- p44 North America leads in ROI tracking
Action item: put effort into getting tracking in place properly
- p49 "Executive buyers are not very trusting of salespeople. To regain credibility among executives, salespeople should arm themselves with content and become active on social networks."
Action item: add value, make the effort to get context around prospects and opportunities
Shot 9: Sales Thought of the Week
- What do you think of cold outreach? http://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/email-outreach-elements-scripts
Action item: personalise, show relevance