Welcome to Episode 7 of HubShots!
Recorded: Tuesday 17 November 2015
In this episode we cover:
Only 12 days to Cyber Monday - thanks to the HubSpot countdown timer: http://www.hubspot.com/holiday
Craig loved Spectre (and quite coincidentally this is episode 007), but couldn’t think of a way to relate it to inbound marketing :-)
So we avoided the contrived ‘What The Hunger Games Taught Me About Personal Branding’ clickbait style posts...
Shot 1: Inbound Thought of the Week
- focusing on results instead of activity
- Management often focuses on activity instead of results: http://www.itsma.com/findings-from-the-2013-joint-forrester-itsma-and-visionedge-marketing-survey/
"Just nine percent of CEOs and six percent of CFOs leverage marketing data in this manner. The reason? Marketing dashboards report marketing activity rather than business outcomes, as marketers cling to performance metrics to continuously justify budgets and resource allocations—when instead they should show how marketing moves the needle on topline growth or profitability."
Shot 2: HubSpot Tips of the Week
- Page Performance tool is back under Reports (and the Landing page links have gone from 2 to 1)
- Campaigns screen -> Notify Teammates
Shot 3: Challenge of the Week
- A discussion around 'activity' versus 'results'
Solution: conversation about quality of leads, how to increase conversion
- Further reading: http://xen.com.au/analytics-and-the-reporting-life-cycle/
Action item: move the discussion from keywords > conversions > $
Shot 4: General Tip of the week
- How to turn on SSL on your HubSpot website
- If you would like to avail of the SSL functionality, you must request it via this form: http://www.hubspot.com/request-ssl
- Adding SSL does require DNS changes for your website in addition to other technical set-up actions. So this process may take up to four weeks to complete as a result of the very high demand for this functionality..
Action item: Considerations related to moving to https://
- Ensure redirects are out in place (ie 301 redirects)
- Be aware that social share counts will be affected
Shot 5: State of Inbound Item of the Week
State of Inbound Report: http://stateofinbound.com
- p18 and bottom of p20. Emerging trends: Inbound works across B2B, B2C, and non profit sectors.
Shot 6: Motivation of the Week
- Gary Vaynerchuk (@garyvee): https://medium.com/@garyvee/stop-asking-me-about-your-personal-brand-and-start-doing-some-work-57d67316986a
- Also follow @vaynermedia
Action item: Work hard
Shot 7: Resource of the Week
- Proposal tools - from the HubSpot blog by Jami Oetting (@jamioetting): http://blog.hubspot.com/agency/proposal-tools
Shot 8: Tool of the Week
Proposify (@Proposify) - good ebook about proposal stats: http://proposify.biz/guide-to-the-perfect-proposal
- proposals delivered in 4 days re 11% more likely to close
- winning proposal had 1-2 fees, 5 pages, 4 sections
Insight: reminder about sales teams spending way too much time on busy work
Action item: marketing can help with 'sales enablement' ie making sales more productive